Thursday, October 25, 2007

Magical

I have been obsessed with all things Magic all week. Read the Time Spiral trilogy, been working on sorting cards, and quite a bit of time on the site. Hopefully soon getting to the point where I can go public with something. I also made three new decks.

In sorting my cards I realized that I don't really have anywhere to put them, so this weekend I hope to cook up some nice storage cases with my dad. I am thinking wood cases with felt linings. I also hopefully have enough black paint left over from my desk to paint them all. They should end up being pretty cool.

I have also accidentally fallen into a bi-phasic sleeping cycle. I get up at about 8am, work, then come home, eat and read until about 7pm or 8pm, fall asleep, wake up at about 11pm-Midnight, work on magic site or read more, back to sleep at 4am, repeat. It is very strange, but I feel like I slack off less after work.

Last night I fell asleep at about 8, slept for what seemed like an eternity, then woke up at midnight completely ready for a whole day. At 5am I finally forced myself to sleep again, just so today wasn't so hard at work. The only weird side effect I notice is that I have trouble keeping track of what day of the week it is, but that is pretty minor.

I'm definitely excited about the site, and really wish I was home right now so I could work on it. Harry is even doing design for me! I'm finally freed from my lack of artistic ability and my chromatic retardation!

In completely weird and unrelated news, one of my profesoras from Spain is visiting the US, and is currently here in the KC area, so hoping to go eat dinner or something with her tonight. I think this is her first time in the US... if I remember right, she has never even been to Madrid, which is only a six hour drive from Ronda. On Tuesday she saw the Grand Canyon, so I'm not sure how we KC people are going to top that.

Anyway, back I go to dreaming about Magic and Rails.

1 comments:

Jyesika said...

I've heard that Einstein was a napper, or "bi-phasic" sleeper (actually I heard that he broke his day into 3 waking and 3 sleeping parts). Anyway, you are obviously well on your way to shear genius.

Also, your magic box idea sounds pretty cool. Better than those silly decrepit cardboard boxes you boys are always carrying around.