Monday, October 01, 2007

Blogging for the (lack of) Masses

Oops, let a month go by without a post.

Obviously we are settled in to daily routines at the apartment by now. I am excited because I finally bought an office chair that will allow me more than 30 minutes on my computer without back pain. The current situation (wooden kitchen chair) leaves me destroyed every night by the time I fall into bed.

Also bought a replacement motherboard for my laptop on ebay. Hopefully that fixes the no-booting problem (which has recently become 100% permanent). My only dota fix for like a week was this weekend when Ben was gone and I could steal his computer. Sad that I need such fixes, but hey, it's my one recreational activity.

That only leaves UPS and shoes on my list of things to buy, which means another $300 or so. I am debating whether to just get it over with now or put it off another month. I am leaning towards now, just to get it out of the way. Last paycheck went mostly into savings, which was a mental boost, but most of the next three will go towards the Amex card. Surprise car insurance this week didn't help matters at all.

Tonight will be filled with chores, but I hope to catch up on some reading too. I need to actually get ahead on my Economists so I don't feel like I am missing anything. Would also be nice to just devote a few days to finishing up The Singularity is Near (which I have been trying to read for a month).

0 comments: