Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Endless Coding

Yeah, I program a lot.

Today I had some fun in Javascript, generated Java with Ruby, and refactored Java code itself. I must say, I have always enjoyed programming in general, but this daily mishmash of several languages is the greatest mental workout in the world. It's not necessarily hard so much... it's just very mentally stimulating.

Tonight I get to go home and work more with Ruby and Javascript. Not entirely sure which feature I will choose to tackle on my list, but I'd like it to be something that isn't entirely behind-the-scenes for once. Last night's feature of choice was a Firefox search plugin, which is only semi-behind-the-scenes.

I have been moderately annoyed by haml too. It's really hard to write a decent block of javascript inside a haml template because it keeps wanting to interpret it (or the indentation). I have an idea though, which I am going to try tonight. I'll have to get back to you on whether it works. I really hope it does, as it would massively clean up my code. (Very massively. Yes, very.)

Anyway, it's about time to get out of here.

0 comments: