Thursday, November 15, 2007

An Offer

This week I have been struck with an overwhelming urge to accomplish a lot of things.

The Magic cards are all sorted by type and color, and the Sorceries are even alphabetical now. I just need to alphabetize the other four boxes and I will finally be done sorting cards. This is easier said than done however, as one of those boxes is my Creatures, which represent over half my cards. I'd really like to get it done before the weekend, but there is only so much sorting I can take.

The sudden rush to sort is mostly to blame on a recent spate of deck building, which has resulted in seven decks that I can't find/don't have cards for. I need to get sorting done to determine which cards I am missing, so I can order them as soon as humanly possible. I want to put the decks together now, and waiting for cards to ship is going to be an amusingly nerdy form of torture.

I'd also like to finish reading the Ender Series (Xenocide and Children of the Mind) before the first two books get stale in my mind. Unfortunately with everything else going on, I am finding it hard to get a good block of free time for reading. My time situation will probably only get worse as we tumble into the holiday season. Maybe I should just unilaterally declare a certain day of the week to be The-Drew-Walks-Alone Day, where I can pursue my nerdy activities without the distraction of social/work engagement. I am already pretty isolated on weeknights though, so sacrificing a weekend day to that would probably result in mass friend mutiny.

Even disregarding birthdays and holidays, my free time is about to get cut even shorter, as Tyler called with an interesting offer yesterday. I am very excited about it. I have no idea what the protocol is on talking about these things, so I'll defer for now, but I am definitely looking forward to meeting with him and Scott on Sunday.

Next week is a short one due to Turkey Day, which is always kind of nice. While Thursday will be completely packed with events, I'm not one to shop so Friday will be a real day off. Surely I can get those books read then.

Then there are the various computer related projects I'd like to accomplish. The magic site got put on hold when I started sorting and reading so much about two weeks ago. Then there is Erlang and Lisp, both on my list of things I really want to learn, have books with which to learn, but are low enough on the todo list that I haven't learned yet.

You know, I was getting way more done when I slept biphasically for a couple weeks there. Maybe I should just go back to that. I really need to find a decent countdown alarm to make that work better, rather than the wake-up-at-this-time alarm I (and most people) have. The key is to sleep for a single sleep cycle, not to wake up at any given time. Too bad real life didn't work like that.

0 comments: