Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Conquests

In an effort to continue my recent habit of spending money, last night I won some more ebay auctions. This brings my current winnings to include four of each of these:

  • Broodstar
  • Cloudstone Curio
  • Dark Depths
  • Dread
  • Engineered Plague
  • Exhume
  • Grave Pact
  • Magus of the Jar
  • Shaman en-Kor
  • Tinker
  • Vulturous Zombie
On a side note, I love how ebay makes me feel like a winner each time I win an auction. It's like I won some contest or something. I mean, I guess I have, since it is an auction, but they make it sound so cheesy. I guess that is how you get people to overbid. If they get lost in the idea of "beating the other bidders" then they lose sight of what they really came to do, which was to get something they need at a decent price. I'm happy to say that I have easily saved over 50% so far from what I would have paid in a traditional online card store.

I also managed to get my Black and Blue Creatures sorted last night. It is really surprising to me how many duplicates I have of some commons. For instance, I must have about 35 Orzhov Euthanists. Yet another reason to get the magic site going, just to get those up for sale. It feels good to have half my creatures sorted though. I have a few hours between work and dinner with Bob and Jessie that I hope to spend on the other half. Then on to the last box... Instants!

2 comments:

kushet said...

I have 4 of a few of the ones you listed and seeing as how I've been wanting to get rid of my magic cards anyways, you should have come to me first :p

kushet said...

Sure. I'll get together what I have. I'm basically looking to scrap everything except my complete ice age set. They aren't really in any type of order except by color (except in some instances where I got crazy and super organized a few sets) but maybe Friday we can get together if you have the time.