Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Break

So I took last week off and Kathy and I headed down to Austin for a little vacation. It was nice and relaxing. The weather was great, sunny every day and in the 70s. I finished both Xenocide and Children of the Mind while down in this little cabin on Lake Travis. We ate scrumptious barbeque, saw a great movie, and generally toured all things Austin.

Coming back to the cold was sad, but it had to be done. Unfortunately my Grandpa had a surprise heart attack and general near-death weekend. We went to the hospital in Olathe on Sunday morning expecting to have to pull the plug and watch him go... but after we did that, he actually started getting better. Now he is alert and they are talking about a quadruple bypass surgery and six months of rehabilitation. I hope everything turns out in the end. He has had two heart attacks before this one (in 1979 and 1987), but this really caught us all by surprise.

I have been pretty worthless otherwise. I pretty much didn't touch the internet while in Austin, except to find stuff to do there. Since being back, I've mostly just played dota or watched movies. I've done some general chores/bills/rebates and spent two hours Saturday on the phone with AT&T getting our download speed fixed, but nothing in the area of Lorebroker or the project with Tyler. At least I have been getting things done at work.

Hopefully I'll get back on the ball soon. Only 129 days until my self-imposed summer vacation. It'd be nice to have momentum going into that.

3 comments:

Blythe said...

Austin? And didn't visit us? Boooooo.

Andrew said...

I thought about it, but Kathy had already found the cabin and reserved it before it came to my mind... wasn't sure you'd want to drive all the way to Austin just to see us... rest assured I'll invade your household and take all your Bichos hostage eventually!

Jyesika said...

yay self imposed vacation! boo texas!