Friday, January 04, 2008

AT&T Dry Loop Finally

So someone was kind enough to reply to my last post about dry loop DSL to inform me that AT&T started offering their Elite service (6.0 mbps down/768kbps up) as a dry loop package on 12/13/07. So I called the number today (1-800-264-0002 for the midwest region) and put in an order to switch my service over. Since dry loop means no taxes or fees on the bill (absolutely none, due to the lack of a land line), that means we'll be saving about $25/mo. Yay!

1 comments:

kushet said...

It took about an hour to finally get everything setup, but by the 15th I should be on their 'direct internet' service for about $20 cheaper than what we were paying. Having a down period of 2-3 days is agitating though, so we might just have to all come live with you for a few days and LAN it up awesome-sauce style.

Huzzah!