Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dia en el Parque

Today is El Dia de Andalucia... so everything is closed and everyone is out in mass to enjoy the warm weather. Last I checked it was 68 (but very sunny). Since things are closed, I logged my hours for work in the park today on a bench. I'm speaking in the past tense because I only have 15 mins left.

In about an hour in a half Kathy and I catch the train for Malaga. It should be a fairly relaxing ride with a short stop in Bobadilla to change trains. I won't be taking my computer (or really anything electronic) with me, but I hope to waste about 30 mins a day checking email in the bus station in downtown Malaga, and I'll most likely blog there as well.

Been reading a lot of stuff over at news.ycombinator.com today. I like the site, as it functions equivalently to Reddit.com, but stays focused on technical and cultural articles related to startup websites. Since I am trying to be in that crowd, it's nice to immerse myself in it.

I have also been actively trying to ignore the outside world. I get too bogged down in reading news and blogs about news and financial news... and just generally news. Really knowing what is going on in the news changes my daily life not one bit, so why should I waste hours a day on it?

I wish I had my Rails books here with me. If I knew what box they ended up in, I'd have my mom send them over. Oh well, when I'm connected to the web I can find stuff just as fast (if not faster), but the books would come in handy at home.

In other news, my financial situation dramatically improved today because my supplimental paycheck finally appeared. Yay for having money!

0 comments: