Friday, November 03, 2006

Con Mis Manos

So this week was entirely devoted to errands and paperwork.

Got hotel reservations for Texas trip on Sunday. Finally got my ex-landlord to mail me the check he owes me (so he claims). Cleaned a bit, and got mounting brackets for my parent's plasma bought. Also bought a slew of birthday gifts, as I have a bunch of birthdays coming up.

Got Student Visa Application for Spain finished and turned in. That involved a physical and doctor's letter, a letter from my insurance company, money order, two page application, passport photos, a plane ticket, copies of everything, ad infinitum. Just glad to have it out of the way. On the plus side, for a mere $60, KU will run my application to Chicago and pick up my Passport for me when the Visa is done. This saves me two trips to Chicago and much sanity. Thank you KU study abroad people!

Now I need to actually pay the school in Ronda. But, of course, I am stupid and sent my passport off with my Visa app without writing down the number. The credit card payment form for Ronda requires a passport number. Oh well, I'll find a way out of this.

Did I mention the plane ticket? I officially leave on January 30th at 2pm... in case any of you are counting down or anything.

Tomorrow is my brother's birthday. He will be 20. A strange thought. Going to spend it eating lunch with our grandparents then dinner and movie with our parents. Will be fun. Then off to Texas!

A generally successful week, even if I spent over 10% of my annual salary on plane tickets, hotels, and tuition. Anyway, off I go to pass the time. Just want to fast forward a few days!

1 comments:

Katherine Harry said...

I can't wait to see you! I love you!