Sunday, January 14, 2007

Glorious Interweb

Apparently IU doesn't care nearly so much about Linux machines getting on their network. I guess that makes sense, as they are generally less prone to viruses and the like. So as long as I use my laptop in gentoo, I can enjoy the hugely fast connection. (I'm pulling down stuff from portage at 10mbps).

I'm nearly through season 1 of Rome. What a brilliant show. Season 2 starts tonight, but I hate waiting in between episodes, so I might just wait until this summer to watch it. Guess it depends on how hardcore the end of season 1 cliffhanger turns out to be.

I have been slowly updating packages on my laptop the last couple days. Went ahead and sprang for MySQL 5 and got the user accounts all worked out finally. Now I'm waiting for konsole to compile and update.

Anyway, not much has been accomplished due to Rome. At least with this big pipe I can update my system quickly. I guess that is something productive.

0 comments: