Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blocked

Well, my plan to work out of the local library backfired pretty badly. They have some sort of firewall here that blocks everything but port 80 it seems. This prevents me from using my VPN client, map drives, or even sign on to AIM. Since all of these things are necessary to work, I can't work from here. Bah humbug.

Hopefully they will just let me make up the hours. The only other option is to use vacation time, which I was hoping to save up for Spain.

At least I can get to webpages. Used the time to update my address on all my accounts for when I leave. Also did a bit of banking and such. I can't even use emerge behind this firewall, let alone connect to my svn repository for the Magic site. I am too hungry to focus on reading, so I think it's time I pack up and head over to subway.

Doubt I will be back to post a daily goal, and without a good net connection I can't do much anyway, so this will probably be another hiatus. I'll try to at least read a good book or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust you are both enjoying yourselves. Are you going north to Indy this weekend? Keep an eye on the weather forecast--freezing rain Friday/Saturday. Yuk
Mom

Andrew said...

We are indeed going to Indy this weekend. I'll make sure to check the weather.