Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bored

So British Airways threatened to strike the week of my flight to Spain. Since I absolutely needed to be there before the 1st of February, I had to move the flight up to yesterday (Friday) instead of this coming Tuesday. I basically had 72 hours to move my stuff out of the apartment, attempt some semblance of cleaning it, and pack my bags to make my plane. I made it, oh so barely, but I left my parents with a pile of boxes to figure out how to store and Harry with a kitchen to clean. On top of this, I barely got to say goodbye to anyone... so to whomever should read this... goodbye!

I'm now sitting at London Heathrow waiting for my flight to Malaga. It is the last of my three flights, and I'm excited to get there. I reserved a room in a hostel while sitting here on the net, but have no way to print the reservation. Hopefully they will just accept it if I give my name... or turn the laptop on and show them the reservation.

Wireless in airports is not cheap. I suppose that if I spent a significant part of my life travelling, the T-Mobile monthly WiFi plan would make sense (it works at Borders to boot). But, just buying a day at time, it costs like $10. I guess it's better than sitting and doing nothing.

Only downside is that it's early Saturday morning back home, and no one is awake. I was trying to get some work done, but the VPN client doesn't like me so I had to send an email to the Network Admin that probably won't get answered until Monday. Oh well, Stumble will save me!

Hasta luego...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, Drew! I hope your final leg on the flight is fine and that your way to Ronda will be an easy one. Thanks for blogging-it helps me keep up.
Mum