Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Disqus and Friendfeed

So the steady march towards Web 2.0 in my life continues. Yep, I signed up for Disqus and Friendfeed today.

Frankly I dislike the comment system here on blogger. For one, it's not threaded. Also, Disqus throws in a lot of extra niceties, like the fact that your profile works any other site that uses Disqus. They even made it really easy to switch over to the new system on new posts and leave the old system on older posts.

Friendfeed seems like a really cool system that could basically replace Facebook for me. You create an account and then link it to all your various accounts elsewhere (Flickr, Twitter, Your Blog, Amazon, even Facebook itself). It just aggregates all your activity on those sites into a nice convenient feed. It also does this for all your friends, and then you can comment on each other's feeds. The whole philosophy is to follow what your real friends are doing and share stuff. So instead of pasting some funny video around on AIM, just put it in your friendfeed. All your friends will see it and can watch and comment.

You can see my feed here. Feel free to comment on what I'm doing. It sounds like it could be cool if I had a few friends on it to follow. Also let me know if you like the Disqus comment system here.

blog comments powered by Disqus