Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shipped

So my new case was shipped yesterday evening from Rochester, New York. Hopefully that means it will get to my parents house by Saturday (when they bring up my desk), but we shall see. It was shipped USPS, so that could mean a longer wait than I had hoped.

I started this new computer with the intention of building something relatively cheap yet good. The problem is that I keep upgrading things slightly, and now I'm looking at like $1100 worth of stuff. Instead of a no-name power supply, I'm looking at a Corsair 450VX. Instead of a no-name case, I got a Qmicra II. Instead of a smallish hard drive, I'm getting a 750gb speedster. Instead of the 2GB of ram, I'm considering 4GB... 4GB of quality ram no less. Instead of air cooling, I'm wanting water.

Waking up at 6:45am has yet to get easier. If I have one complaint about a day job, it's the schedule. I don't see how anyone gets anything meaningful done being this tired.

We got kitty into our new place last night. So far her and Tulah have only approached to within six feet once, hissed, and ran in opposite directions. However, they sit and watch each other from 30 feet away without any hissing, so that is something.

0 comments: