Saturday, June 28, 2008

And The Winner Is

So since the Twitter IM bot has been down for like three weeks, I finally gave up on it. I discovered this neat service provided by IMified.com that lets you post to your FriendFeed account via an IM bot. All you do is add friendfeed@bot.im to your Gtalk/jabber account and then send it the message 'help' and it'll tell you what to do. Really I like FriendFeed better anyway, but Twitter seemed like the de facto standard.

If you don't have FriendFeed, I highly recommend it. It's like a blog+facebook+twitter all in one, with a nice interface and tons of nifty development going on around it. The basic idea is that it aggregates all your online activity (that you tell it about) into a feed, then all your friends can comment on each other's feeds. Right now I have mine linked up to this blog, my Disqus comments, and Twitter, so any time I post on one of those it shows up in my feed.

All the items posted by your friends show up in a composite feed, and you can go comment on them and have discussions. You can also post links/messages to your feed, so planning things like group activities is easy. Since all your friends see your message, they can hash out the details in the comments. Hook it up to your Flickr/Picassa account, and you have the equivalent of Facebook photos.

Speaking of Facebook, you can even integrate it with that.

So FriendFeed ftw. If you want to add me, my handle is xich. Or you can just check out my feed.

blog comments powered by Disqus