Friday, March 28, 2008

Accepted

So I stayed up late last night waiting for an email about Startup School. Turns out I got in! I'm not really sure how selective it is anyway, but it's cool nonetheless. The anticipation before receiving the email was roughly equal to that of Christmas Eve when I was eight.

Now I get to figure out plane tickets and hotels and (most likely) car rentals. I am looking into good old public transportation (since it's at Stanford and San Francisco is supposed to have good public transit), but compared to what I got used to in Europe, it's not looking great.

I'm also hoping to use this as a motivator to get some small project done before I go, so I have something to talk about when people ask 'what I do'. So many of the attendees actually have startups in the wild, and here I am just hoping to start soon.

In other news, NIN is touring again this fall, and they are conveniently headed to Houston, so I will catch them there. Last time I saw them was in St Louis in 2006, so I'm excited to see lots of new stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats onthe acceptance. I know someone else who will be thrilled to visit Stanford. you are both quite amazing!
Mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew,

Stanford is in Palo Alto, not San Francisco :)

If you want the easiest route to Startup School, fly into SJC (San Jose), and you can either rent a car, or take the caltrain from the airport to downtown Palo Alto and to Stanford.

However, if you're planning on spending a few days in town, SF is a much more fun place to be...