Friday, December 29, 2006

Indeed

Today was a good day.

Made progress on the ACPI stuff. I created a battery runlevel that enables power saving features on my Wireless card and harddrive while on battery power. Also added settings to my xorg conf file to turn off the backlight when idle for 10 minutes. Haven't gotten to messing with the cpu governors quite yet, although I did compile them all into my kernel for later fun and joy. I'll accomplish that tomorrow. The thing I really want to figure out is the backlight dimming. The power management guide seems to cover only IBM and Toshiba laptops for this particular point, but I could be wrong. Going to have to investigate that further. Also need to waste a day or so testing Windows vs. Linux once I get this all set up; just to see which one lasts longer.

So basically I mostly accomplished my goal, but I found a lot more I want to do. That seems to be the nature of all computing stuff. Goal for tomorrow is to finish up with the CPU governors and get my MySQL setup finally working correctly for the magic site. I've been putting that off too long.

Haven't read anything too insightful today. Most of it was consumed with watching Stargate Season 9 nonstop. Probably should have done a bit less of that and a bit more playing with linux, but oh well, I am on break (of sorts).

Anyway, 3:18 AM = bedtime!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work, Drew!!!